Saturday, August 31, 2013

Deck the Halls

I love making my own cards and usually CASE (copy and share everything) cards I have seen on the various blogs and internet sites I visit.  A constant source for me is Heather Summers.  I saw THIS card on Heather's blog and I knew I was going to have to get both the Circle Card Thinlits and the Christmas Messages stamp sets.  I put the order in and couldn't wait for the supplies to arrive at my door.  I kept going to the UPS site to track the package.  UPS usually delivers to my house around 3 in the afternoon so day the package was to arrive I ran a few errands in the morning.  To my dismay they came while I was gone and didn't leave the box between the doors like they usually do AND I was going to have to go to the UPS store the next day.  Well finally I got my package and headed to my stamp room.

This is my first attempt at Heather's card.  I do like it but I also think I need to do a little more - the gold "doodling" should have been white.  Heather created her own holly leaves with punches but I used a retired die for the Big Shot for mine.

Hope you like it.



Stampin' Supplies
Stamps - Christmas Messages
Ink - Cherry Cobbler
Card Stock - Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Old Olive
Other - Season of Style Washi Tape, Circle Card Thinlits, 2 1/2" circle punch, Circle Framelits (nonSU), Glimmer Brad, Stocking Accents die (retired), Gold Marker (retired), Stampin' Dimensionals, Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder

No comments: