Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Inky Divas Weekly Challenge - Week of August 19

This week's theme was back to school.  In addition our card was to include the chalkboard technique, the colour Real Red and a current or retired stamp set.  Initially I thought I would not participate because I don't really have any "school" stamp sets.

I remembered that I had seen a card a few years ago on Stampin' Connection that kind of fit in with the Back to School theme.

Here's my card


I loved the little owl sitting on top of the stack of books.  I haven't used the owl punch in a while.  I ended up using My Digital Studio for the apple - I know I still have the Tart & Tangy stamp set but I must have packed it away.

I used a white pencil crayon - how I wish I had the new White Chalk Marker from the Holiday Catalogue (another item for the Wish List!).

Supplies
My Digital Studio - All Time Fave Digital Download - Apple
Stamps - Itty Bitty Banners
Ink - Real Red
Card Stock - Real Red, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit, Marina Mist, Pistachio Pudding, Tangerine Tango, Baked Brown Sugar, Pumpkin Pie, Retired DSP
Other - Itty Bitty Banners Framelits, Whisper White Craft Ink, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Word Window punch, Owl Builder punch, White Pencil Crayon

No comments: