Friday, May 14, 2010

Christmas in May?

Last December Heather Summers posted a picture of a 3D Advent Calendar she had received from a friend.  I located a supplier for the actual calendar - Karen Foster 3D Countdown Calendar - and ordered some.  Unfortunately, due to unforseen circumstances I only received them a few weeks ago.  Although Judy and I will be making them together - I couldn't help myself and have made one of mine already.  I had ordered 3.  I want to give one to my mother and keep one for myself so I ordered 2 for me and 1 for Judy.

I love how it turned out and am so looking forward to making the second one.  I am thinking they would make a great gift so I may order some more.

Here it is - I used the same Stampin' Up! Simply Scrappin' Kit as Heather's friend.  I also used a few little bits from the I Wish Simply Scrappin' Kit.  The numbers are stickers that were included with the calendar.  Each of the little drawers will hold a little treat - I tried it and I know they will hold a Lindor Truffle!


Supplies (all SU exept 3D Countdown Calendar)
Card Stock - Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' Kit, I Wish Simply Scrappin' Kit
Other - Karen Foster 3D Countdown Calendar, Read Red Brads, Circle Fire Brads, Filigree Brads, Silver Brads, Read Red and Whisper White 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Real Red Double stitched ribbon, Real Red Epoxy Brad, Real Red Corduroy Buttons, Playground Designer Buttons

2 comments:

Kristi-Anna said...

That's fabulous!! Where did you order the calendar boxes from exactly? I'd love to do this... even NOW in May! :) I have lots of retired Christmas SU! papers/kits to use up, so I'm ready to roll :)

Dave Kilgour said...

I too would like to know where to order these calendar boxes from....I have 2 granddaughters whom I'd love to make these for and so much SU DSpaper. My e-mail address is kilgouj@hotmail.com
Thanx for the inspiration, take care, Jeannie:)