Monday, May 17, 2010

Heather Summers' Simply Sunday Sketch Challenge #12

Heather has posted this week's challenge and after trying to create something with different colours I kept going back to the colours she used.  I loved the vintage like look of her card.  I don't have the stamp set Heather used so I searched through my stamp sets and found some that I thought would work.  I don't have that fantastic Presto Patterns DSP from the summer mini that Heather used in her sample, but I had a package of the Bride DSP so I used that and sponged on the soft suede ink.  You can click HERE to see the card Heather made.

This is the sketch
This is my card:


It is not quite so dark in real life - I will however probably remake it and not sponge on quite so much ink.  I might use the flourish from the Baroque Motifs stamp set instead of the image from Razzle Dazzle.  I did not have the cute little tags that Heather used and didn't have anything similar so I left off the little embellishment.

Supplies -
Stamp Set - All Holidays, Razzle Dazzle
Card Stock - Soft Suede, Confetti White, Early Espresso (one of the NEW colours that will be available in the new catalogue), Bride Specialty Designer Series Paper
Ink - Soft Suede
Other - Colour Spritzer Tool, Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber

No comments: