Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy First Birthday!


I saw THIS card on Jackie Topa's blog early in June and thought it would be a fun card to make.  I was doing a little bit of tidying in my stamp room one day and found a punched monkey face in my "scraps heap" so I decided now would be the time to CASE Jackie's card.  It was great timing because it was just before Judy's grandson's first birthday.  Last year for the baby shower I had helped Judy make a diaper cake to fit in with the safari theme.  I had made some monkeys, elephants, giraffes and lions using Stampin' Up! punches to decorate the cake.  The monkey I found was a leftover from that so it just seemed right to use it for the birthday card.

Supplies
Stamp Set - Tropical Party
Card Stock - Early Espresso, Old Olive, Naturals Ivory, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink - Old Olive, Rose Red, Close to Cocoa
Other - Hemp Twine, Texture Plate for the Big Shot

No comments: