Monday, June 28, 2010

Simply Thank You - Project 3

The third project Heather presented in her Simply Thank You class is a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 card featuring the retiring Warm Words stamp set and several of the colours from the new Subtles collection.  For the image panel Heather used  the Trio Flower punch (also retiring) to punch out multiple flowers in her chosen colours.  She then adhered them to the card stock and embellished with brads. 

I love stamping as well as punched projects but I knew today was not going to be one of those days where I had the patience to complete the card as it was presented.  I did follow the card layout, but rather than having the lovely bouquet of punched flowers on the main panel I used a single image from Awash with Flowers.  I used colours from the subtles collection, Warm Words and a Barely Banana brad (both the stamp set and the brads are retiring at the end of June).



Supplies
Stamp Set - Awash with Flowers, Warm Words (retiring)
Card Stock - Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
Ink - Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Basis Black (ink pad and marker)
Other - Barely Banana Brad (retiring), Dimensionals

No comments: