Friday, September 11, 2015

Holiday Catalogue CASE

Every time there is a new Stampin' Up! catalogue - Annual, Holiday or Occasions - I immediately start my Wish List and then start to edit it.  When I received the 2015 Holiday Catalogue there was so much I wanted.  As I started to look at my list of "must haves" I realized that I really needed to whittle it down.  I had seen a Halloween card on page 39 and decided I needed to buy all of the elements for that card.  That meant an embossing folder, a stamp set, a set of framelits, ribbon, Designer Series Paper and spider web doilies.

When I started thinking about it I realized that I could make a very similar card using supplies already in my craft room!  I had ordered the Spider Web Doilies but that was all I purchased for this card.

To make the background I opened My Digital Studio and pulled up the Motley Monsters DSP download.  I imported the tree pattern into a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" photobox, changed it to black and white and then changed the opacity.  I had some halloween downloads and found a couple of ravens so added them to my background and then printed onto Smoky Slate cardstock - I was a happy girl - it was better than I thought it would be!  So now I had my background.  I layered on the doily and trimmed off the excess.  I found some Rich Razzleberry Satin ribbon (retired) and some retired Washi tape and added them to the card.

Next I needed the word BOO!  There is a set of framelits that include the word BOO! (page 49) and although tempted I didn't get it.  I have an eCutter so I opened the design page and created the word and sized it as closely as I could to what I thought the framelit would produce.  Cut it out of whisper white card stock, tied a bit of Black baker's twine and applied it to the card.  Happy! Happy!

Next was the circle in order to finish the card.  Back to My Digital Studio.  The stamp used on the sample in the catalogue coordinates with the 2" circle punch.  In MDS I added a circle punch and colour filled it with Pumpkin Pie  The next step was to create a text box and type in the word spooky. I found a font that I thought would work, adjusted the size, coloured it white and layered it onto the circle punch.  Next I found a stamp with the eyes.  I changed the colour to white and then positioned it below the word spooky.  I printed it out onto matte photo paper (the colour is better than printing to Whisper White), punched it out and adhered it to the card with dimensionals.  The last step was to adhere the completed panel to a base of Basic Grey.  Happy! Happy! Happy!

So after all that here is the card!

Stampin' Supplies
Card Stock - Basic Grey; Smoky Slate; Whisper White
Other - My Digital Studio (retired); Spider Web Doilies; Stampin' Dimensionals; eCutter; Rich Razzleberry Satin Ribbon (retired); Washi Tape (retired - I can't remember the name); Basic Black Baker's Twine

No comments: