Sunday, December 19, 2010

Decor Blocks

Last year I purchased a few sets of four 3" blocks from Stampin' Up! fully intending to decorate and display them.  It didn't happen - for one reason or another the blocks and the Decor Elements vinyl I had bought never saw the light of day - until now!  I needed a little gift for a chinese auction I will be participating in on Boxing Day. 

I pulled out a set of blocks and the chocolate Holiday Mix Decor Elements (unfortunately this item is no longer available).  I decided to use some of the papers from the Deck the Halls DSP pack.

I have seen others decorate some of the panels with photos - I decided to leave all but the front panels plain.  I cut the bottom 3" from one of the sheets of DSP (I love the poinsettias) and used that for the front.  The other sides are covered with a more subtle pattern from the package.  I distressed all the edges and sponged them with Soft Suede ink.  I applied the vinyl Decor Elements and they were done!  I thought about spritzing them with a mixture of shimmer paint and rubbing alcohol but decided against it.  I may change my mind, but for now I really like them the way they are.  I have also decided to keep them for myself!



Supplies

Ink - Soft Suede
Card Stock - Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper
Other - Decor Blocks; Holiday Mix Decor Elements (retired)

No comments: