Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Roofing Materials in the Stamp Room?

Over the last several months I have seen a lot of crafters posting photos of tealight holders made using the Snowflake die for the Big Shot and roof flashing.  Initially, although I thought they were very pretty, I wasn't going to make any - I was pretty sure I would end up cutting myself.  I did get in touch with a couple of people and they assured me that the cut edges were not sharp so I headed out to one of the local building material stores and bought a roll of the flashing.

I made five sets for my parents - each tealight holder uses two of the snowflakes.  My sister cut out enough to make 10 sets.  I have a bunch cut out and just have to put them together.  Although the photo shows this set using battery operated tealights, they are safe to use with "real" candles.  They are just so pretty when lit!

No comments: