Monday, December 13, 2010

Penguin Pyramid

Ever since Stampin' Up! introduced the Two Step Owl punch there have been many posts demonstrating the very cute owl and other characters made with the punch - ghosts, reindeer and penguins!  I have been experimenting making penguins and then one day I visited Connie Babbert's blog and saw THIS card.  I loved it!  My goodness who wouldn't.

I decided this would be on the list of cards to make with Judy.  Today was the day!  We made two changes - the first change we made was to the hat on the top penguin.  Connie had stamped the hat image from Jolly Bingo Bits which I don't have.  In any case we wouldn't have done that anyway - it involved cutting around a small image.  I am sure I have said before that is something neither Judy nor I enjoy.  I had seen somewhere that a hat could be made using the wing from the Two Step Bird punch so that is what we did.  We trimmed it with a scrap cut with the Scallop Oval punch and the pom pom is from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch pack.

The second change we made was to lightly stamp snowflakes on the Bashful Blue panel using Whisper White craft ink.


Stamps - Jolly Old Saint Nick; Serene Snowflakes
Ink - Bashful Blue; Basic Black; Whisper White craft
Card Stock - Real Red; Whisper White; Basic Black; Bashful Blue; Pumpkin Pie
Other - 1/8" Real Red Taffeta ribbon; Large Oval, Scallop Oval, Two Step Owl, Two Step Bird and Itty Bitty Shapes punches; Square Lattice embossing folder; wiggly eyes; Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: