Friday, December 10, 2010

Peaceful Season and Deck the Halls

This is the second of four cards I did with my sister and my nieces on Sunday.  Sherida Giddings had given me one that she had made and knew it would be perfect for our get together.  It was really fun to see them working with the Designer Series Paper.  Although I used the same side of the paper as Sherida had on both of my cards, some of the others used the flip side and changed the orientation of the card to landscape.  I liked the card so much I added it to the "roster" for Judy and I to make last Monday.

Here is the card.  Unfortunately Sherida does not have a blog so I can't direct you to the original.

  

Supplies
Stamps - Peaceful Season (Level 2 Hostess Set)
Ink - Crumb Cake; Cherry Cobbler
Card Stock - Crumb Cake; Cherry Cobbler; Deck the Halls DSP
Other - Two Tags die for the Big Shot; Crop a dile; Jumbo Eyelets; Crumb Cake 3/8" Taffeta ribbon (retired);  Linen Thread; Sponge Daubers

We actually did five projects - four cards (2 of each design) and some of the Santa Punch art notepads.  Click HERE to see my previous post with the notepads.   In addition to the card today and the one I posted a few days ago we made THIS card that I had done with Judy last week.  The fourth card was the 3D Ornament card I had posted HERE that I had also planned on making with Judy this week - that has to go on the back burner for now - I lost track of how much of the Cherry Cobbler seam binding I had already used and I had just enough to complete our projects on Sunday. 

We had a great afternoon.  My sister and her girls made a great lunch; we did our crafts and had a lot of good laughs.  We all agreed that we needed to do it more often.

No comments: