Sunday, December 5, 2010

I "Built" a House

One of the benefits of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is the opportunity to pre-order items from upcoming catalogues and promotions.  When the pre-order period for the Holiday Mini Catalogue opened on August 1 I ordered the Design-a-House.  The house pieces are in the kit (along with that little brass door knob).  The idea is to decorate and embellish as little or as much as you want.  My house arrived, I put it on a shelf, took it out a couple of times and then finally a couple of days ago I decided I was going to do it!  I have seen some that are much more elaborate and some that are a little simpler.  Overall I am really pleased with my little house and am thinking of buying more before the catalogue sales period ends on January 3.

I used one of the patterns from the Deck the Halls DSP pack for the walls and added a few accents of soft suede.  I knew I wanted a red door and roof.  I put vellum behind the windows and although it doesn't show up in the photo the battery operated tealights inside give a really nice warm glow.

I added a few trees cut with a Sizzix die (non SU) and a cotton ball in the chimney.  While looking through a cupboard I found the little Santa Claus and think he looks quite cute sliding down the roof!


No comments: