Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Artistic Etchings - Anniversary

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law will be celebrating their 43rd wedding anniversary in a little over a week from now.  I knew I wanted to make a card for them using Artistic Etchings.  A few years ago they travelled to France and spoke often about their tour of the Eiffel Tower.  I wasn't sure of colours, layout or embellishments to use.  I have made a few cards using this set and any of them would suit the occasion perfectly.  One day while browsing through the posts on Stampin' Connection I saw a card that I knew would be perfect.  You can see the original by clicking HERE.  I loved the layout but I also knew that I would not be cutting out the tower.

Here is my card.  I wanted to put an anniversary sentiment on the front but thought it would get too busy so I just used the "Love" sentiment from Tiny Tags and punched it out with the Jewelry Tag Punch.  I also punched out tags in Basic Black and Cherry Cobbler.  The three tags are pinned to the bow using one of the pins in the Vintage Trinkets collection. 


Supplies
Stamp Set - Artistic Etchings; Tiny Tags
Card Stock - Basic Black; Cherry Cobbler; Whisper White
Ink - Basic Black Classic Ink Pad and Marker
Other - Vintage Trinkets; 1 1/4" Basic Black Striped Ribbon; Top Note Die; Oval Nestabilities; Dimensionals; Colour Spritzer Tool; Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder; Signo White Gel Pen

No comments: