Friday, August 6, 2010

Heather Summers - Simply July Thank You Day 3

On Day 3 of the July Simply Thank You class Heather featured the new stamp set Morning Cup.  Although I will soon own the set, at the time of the class I didn`t have it so I decided to use A Flower for All Seasons.  The technique for the class was to colour - not watercolour with all the lovely shading that I cannot do properly - just colour on watercolour paper using markers.  It is wonderful - the markers don`t leave any lines like they do when you colour an image on regular cardstock.

I think my card turned out pretty well.  I must say I really love the wide striped ribbon and I love threading the 1/8" taffeta ribbon through the buttons.  Easy way to make a bow!

Here is my card:


Supplies
Stamp Set - A Flower for all Seasons; Solid Stripes
Card Stock - Daffodil Delight; Basic Black; Old Olive; Watercolour Paper
Ink - Jet Black StazOn; Daffodil Delight; Various SU Markers; Signo White Gel Pen
Other - 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain ribbon (Basic Black); 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (Basic Black); Button (So Saffron); Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments: