Saturday, August 14, 2010

Two Step Owl Punch

When I first saw the Two Step Owl Punch I really thought I would not "need" it.  After just a few short weeks I realized that this punch was going to be a must.  It arrived on Wednesday and surprisingly I did not even unwrap it until yesterday.  I have seen so many cute samples on various blogs, Splitcoast Stampers and Stampin' Connection that I didn't really know where to start.  Many of the samples use either the Woodgrain Background stamp or the woodgrain paper from the Woodland Walk DSP package.  I don't have either of those but I remembered that I had bought some of the thin wood sheets a while ago.  I "stained" the wood by spritzing the sheet with Stampin' Mist and then sponging in Early Espresso ink.  I just knew when I bought those sheets that someday I would need them!

I decided that I would adhere my owl to the inside of the card and have it peaking out through a punched out "knot hole" in the card front.  I then decided to use another idea I had seen with these owls - I put two of them on the inside of the card - one peaking out the hole and when the card is opened she is standing on the second owl.  I was chuckling the whole time I was making the card. 

Hope you like the card - it was so much fun to make!


Close up of the owl peaking out


The inside of the card


Supplies
Stamps - Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock - Pear Pizzazz; Early Espresso; Cherry Cobbler; Very Vanilla; Whisper White; Garden Green; Crumb Cake; Pumpkin Pie; Hostess Level I InColours DSP Pack (Pear Pizzazz)
Ink - Early Espresso
Punches - Two Step Owl; Modern Label, Word Window; 1 1/2" Circle; Scallop Circle
Other - Thin Wood Sheets; Dimensionals; Two Way Glue pen; Little Leaves Sizzlit

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

This is so darn cute! I really like how you did the "woodgrain" look on the card too! Thanks for sharing!