Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy Moments

I recently saw a card posted on Stampin' Connection (a resource for SU demonstrators) that I quite liked and although it uses some retired items I thought it would be a great project for Judy and I to do this week.  Fortunately the originator also posted her blog address so if you follow THIS LINK you will be able to see her creation. 

As I kept making the card I was constantly thinking how cute it would be using the new Aviary Stamp.  I was not sure whether I should order it or not, but now it is definitely on the ever growing wish list. 

On the original card, the bird was coloured pink and the cage was black - I tried it and was not happy with the way mine looked so I ended up just stamping them the same colour using Basic Gray.  In the background rather than using a flourish, I stamped one of the hearts from the I {Heart} Hearts set.   If I had the Aviary Set I would have been able to stamp the cage and bird separately.  I think I may make several of these without the greeting.  I could then just add a sentiment to suit the occasion.


Supplies
Stamp Set - Happy Moments (SAB 2010), I {Heart} Hearts
Card Stock - Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Wild Wasabi
Ink - Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red
Other - Stampin' Dimensionals, Rhinestone, Modern Label, Curly Label and Word Window Punches, Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon (retired)

Have a great day!

No comments: