Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Vintage" Watercolour Trio

I really like this stamp set - Watercolour Trio.  It is really too bad that it will be retiring at the end of August with the Summer Mini Catalogue. 

I sign into Stampin' Connection, an online resource for SU demonstrators, every day.  There are discussion forums and lots of sharing of information but most of all I love browsing the Stampers Showcase were demonstrators post photos of their cards, scrapbook pages, 3-D items, etc..   The other day while scrolling through the gallery I saw a card using Watercolour Trio and immediately knew that I would have to make one myself.  I didn't even think about changing anything about the card - I loved it just as it was.  Unfortunately the contributor did not post a blog address so I can't link you to the original.

The card has a soft, kind of vintage look to it and could be used for any occasion.  This is another of the projects Judy and I did this week.  I decided to use one of the sentiments from the Watercolour Trio set and will probably use the card as a thank you card.


Supplies
Stamp Set - Watercolour Trio, en Francais
Card Stock - Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Rose Red
Ink - Sahara Sand, Old Olive and Rose Red Markers
Other - Scallop Trim Border, Large Oval and Designer Label punches, Stampin' Dimensionals,
Organza Ribbon, Sponge Daubers

No comments: