Friday, October 9, 2009

Delightful Decorations

Most of the cards I make are pretty standard in size - 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 . This card is 3 x 6, but when I make more I will be adjusting the size to 3 1/4 x 6 1/2. It will fit better in the SU small open-end envelopes.

The inspiration for this card came from Heather Summers - she is currently running an online class - Simply Holidays 2009. She creates the most amazing projects.

As I have said in previous posts I want to use up some of my retired DSP and card stock. This card does just that. The card stock, DSP, and one of the inks are all retired. I used nonSU gold cord, but will be changing that to SU's gold elastic cord as soon as I receive my order.

I will be making more of these ones - I think I made need to add a greeting in the bottom right corner, but I am not sure right now. I used the small snowflake stamp from Snow Swirled and Riding Hood Red ink on the card base to add a little interest - I probably could have used an embossing folder or Texturz plate. I have not done the envelope yet, but I will be stamping one of the ornaments on the front and the little round 'Merry Christmas' that you can see in the middle of the ornament on the back flap.



Recipe:
Stamp Set - Delightful Decorations, Snow Swirled
Card Stock - Riding Hood Red (retired), Holiday Treasures DSP (retired), Whisper White
Ink - Riding Hood Red (retired), Old Olive
Other - Alpine Ribbon (retired), Stampin' Dimensionals, Gold Cord (nonSU), Ornament Punch

No comments: