Monday, October 26, 2009

Patterned Pines

I saw THIS card and knew I was going to have to CASE it. I really liked the simplicity of it. These are my versions of it - one landscape and one portrait. I am really liking how they turned out, however I wish I had more of the red SU Circle Fire Rhinestone brads.

The inspiration card did not have a greeting on the front, but I just found there was too much blank space so I added a greeting. Initially I had stamped directly on the card but smudged it a bit so I stamped it again on a scrap and punched it out with the Modern Label Punch. It blended right into the card so I punched another Modern Label from Real Red card stock, cut it in half and then layered it behind my greeting. I then just sponged the edges with real red, attached it with dimensionals and that was it.




Recipe:

Stamps - Patterned Pines, Warm Words

Card Stock - Real Red, Very Vanilla, Merry Moments DSP

Ink - Garden Green, Real Red

Other - Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Modern Label Punch, Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads, Dimensionals



This version uses basically the same 'ingredients', but I used wider grosgrain ribbon and plain brads. I also used a different greeting and changed it from landscape to portrait. The greeting was punched out and then the outer edges were sponged. It was adhered to the card with dimensionals. I was going to add a bow, but decided that it is just fine as it is.



Recipe:

Stamps - Patterned Pines, Christmas Punch (Level 2 Hostess Set)

Card Stock - Real Red, Very Vanilla, Merry Moments DSP

Ink - Garden Green, Real Red

Other - 5/8" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Wide Oval Punch, Dimensionals




These were two of the four cards we did when I got together with Judy this afternoon. The other two are ones that I have posted previously. One was the card made using the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder and the other was the Punch Art Rudolph.

Have a great day!

No comments: