Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Festive Notecards

As I have mentioned before, Heather Summers hosted another online class - Simply Holidays 2009 and as always came up with fabulous ideas for cards, boxes, 3D items, etc. I have previously posted photos of clocks I had made following her instructions.

Project 4 (there were 20) was a set of 3 x 3 notecards in a cute little box. I made the cards, but decided to use the Box #2 die for the Big Shot to make the box for my cards. I cut out 2 boxes, assembled them and stuck them together using sticky strip. I then decorated the box with a bit of DSP and ribbon. I also punched out a 'handle' using the word window punch.

Here is the box - there are six cards and envelopes in each side of the box.

I made 12 cards - 4 each of the designs below.
I also stamped on the envelope.


Here is a picture of the inside of the cards - there is a little bit of space to write. I had thought the cards could be used as gift tags rather than notecards.

Recipe:
Stamp Set - Delightful Decorations, Christmas Punch (Hostess Level 2)
Card Stock - Riding Hood Red (retired), Whisper White, Holiday Treasures DSP (retired)
Ink - Riding Hood Red (retired)
Other - Glitter Glue (nonSU), Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon (retired), Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon (retired), Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Box #2 Bigz Die, Ornament Punch, Word Window Punch, Eyelet Border Punch


No comments: