Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Delightful Decorations, Lovely as a Tree, Charming

Today I went to Judy's for our weekly crafting afternoon. After lunch and a bit of chatting and catching up we went to Judy's newly set up craft room to do some stamping. We planned to make four cards today - three christmas cards and one that could be used for a general occasion.

Three of four cards use the Ornament Punch and two of them also use the coordinating Delightful Decorations stamp set.

I have posted this card before - I had made it for a friend's birthday and we decided that it would be one of our projects for today. You can see it HERE. It was inspired by Patty Bennett - you can find Patty's card HERE. You will see that she used the Scallop Oval Frame die for the Big Shot. I do not have that die, but I do have Nestabilities so I used them. My image panel is smaller than Patty's, but the overall feel of the card is there. I love the way she used the new ornament punch to make the vase.Recipe
Stamp Sets - Charming, Best Yet (retired)
Card Stock - Dusty Durango, Old Olive
Ink - Dusty Durango Classic, Old Olive and Dusty Durango markers
Other - Ornament and Scallop Oval punches, Ribbon - Mistletoe Ribbon Originals, Dimensionals

We saw this card HERE - Stamping with Roxy. She used Patty Bennett's technique of using a frame to mask out part of the embossing folder leaving a flat area in the middle of the card stock. You will seen in Roxy's video that she used chipboard and used the Big Shot to cut out a frame with the Top Note die. That is what we did for this card. Very simple, but quite lovely (in my opinion anyway). Roxy's version uses Dazzling Diamonds glitter - we used glitter glue as well as a Stardust Gel Pen.


Recipe:
Stamp Set - Lovely as a Tree, Four the Holidays
CardStock - Shimmery White, Always Artichoke
Ink - Always Artichoke
Other - Glitter Pen, Glitter Glue, Petals a Plenty Embossing Folder

We found this card on Roxy's blog as well. You can link to it HERE. This card also uses a frame (oval in this case) with the embossing folder. Colours are not ones I would normally use for Christmas, but I really like the card and will probably make more just like it.

Recipe:
Stamp Set - Delightful Decorations, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock - Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Sahara Sand
Ink - Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke
Other - Silver Cord, Dimensionals, Petals a Plenty Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

We saw a card on Andrea Walford's blog and knew we would have to make it. You can see it HERE. I did not finish it at Judy's because it was going to be embellished with Crystal effects and chunky glitter so I decided to finish it at home. I thought I left the stamp set at Judy's so I made one little change. Instead of stamping, punching and embellishing the ornament, I punched one from the flocked paper in the Christmas Cocoa DSP package. I also punched one out of real red and adhered the two together just to give it a bit more stability. I am so happy with the results and even managed to centre the motif on the ornament.


Recipe:

Stamp Set - Baroque Motifs, Four the Holidays

Card Stock - Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White, Merry Moments DSP, Christmas Cocoa DSP

Ink - Chocolate Chip, Old Olive

Other - Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Gold Cord, Ornament and Scallop Border Punches, Dimensionals.

Have a great day.

No comments: