Monday, October 5, 2009

World Card Making Day

Saturday, October 3 was World Card Making Day. I did make a card but forgot to post it so here it is now. My niece is having a baby girl in mid January. I had been tidying my craft room and came across some Pretty in Pink patterned paper and a set of Sizzix embossing folders with a baby theme. The tidying came to an abrupt halt and I started pulling out paper, ribbon and stamp sets. This is the card I finally came up with. The card is referred to as a 'Joy Fold' card - I made some a few years ago and decided that is what I would like for this little card. I stamped the image twice on Whisper White CS. On the first one I cut around the centre panel so I could then mount it onto a Pretty in Pink scalloped circle. I cut out only the 'Sweet One' line from the second image and mounted it to the first one with dimensionals. Everything was then adhered to the card with dimensionals.

In this picture you can see how the card opens. Hopefully you can also see the embossing on the Whisper White panel. I used a computer generated greeting on the inside of the card.

Recipe:
Stamp Set - So Many Scallops (retired)
Card Stock - Pink Pirouette (retired), Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink Patterned DSP (retired)
Ink - Pretty in Pink
Other - Ribbon - Pink Pirouette (retired); Scallop Circle Punch, Stampin' dimensionals, Sizzix embossing folder, Stardust Gel pen

Directions for the Joy Fold card can be found on Splitcoaststampers

Hope you like my card and have a great day!

No comments: