Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Flip/Tag Album

My grand niece's birthday is coming soon and for the last two years we had taken her to Build-a-Bear Workshop so she could choose and make her own bear. I decided to keep that up this year, so on Friday we headed out to the mall to get her bear. This year her mum and little brother (he is two) came with us. She is turning seven and I am not sure how many more years she will want to do the Build-a-Bear excursions!

We had a lot of fun - Sabrina chose a polar bear. It was so cute. After she chose her 'skin' we picked a sound - so now when she presses the bear's paw it roars - and then stuffed the bear. Before closing up the bear we added in some little hearts. Then we headed to the 'bathing station'. At this point Owen wanted to help. It was too funny - he hijacked the bear! He just fell in love with it and wrapped it's four paws around himself and hugged it close. So, off Sabrina went to make another bear! She chose the polar again and went through all the steps.

When it was time to choose the clothes there was so much to choose from. Sabrina recently signed up for brownies, so she chose a Brownie Uniform (complete with the sash for badges). We also picked up a couple of little shirts and a skirt. Owen picked a Dracula costume for his.

Then of course the 'births' had to be registered and a birth certificate produced. It was a wonderful time and both kids really enjoyed it. The adults questionned who had more fun - the kids or us!

When we were done we headed out for lunch and then home.

I wanted to make some kind of little scrapbook for Sabrina that would double as her birthday card. I have seen several versions of Flip Albums and Tag Albums so I just adapted what I saw to what I needed. I knew it was not going to fit in any of the envelopes I have (the finished size is 4 x 6 and about 3/4 inch thick), but I did have some DVD tins in my craft closet so pulled out one of those and did a tiny bit of decorating on the cover. Yes, I am kind of regretting that I have not invested in any of the new Stampin' Up! Build-a-Bear stamps or dies! They would have been so fun to have for this project.
Here it is open, with the card/album inside. The bow at the side of the book holds it closed.


Here is a view of the album open. The pages are embellished with punched stars, hearts, Felt Flowers, rhinestone brads

Recipe:
Stamp Sets - Voila; Crazy for Cupcakes; On a Pedestal
Ink - Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry Markers; Gold Encore
Card Stock - Chocolate Chip; Melon Mambo; Pumpkin Pie; Sweet Always DSP (retired)
Other - Ribbon - Melon Mambo Polka Dot; Large & Small Star punches, circle punches, glitter glue, clear embossing powder.
To see a video on how to make one of these albums click HERE. The video demonstrates 3 pages, I adapted it to make 4. I also decorated the inside front cover and the inside back cover was used for the birthday greetings.

No comments: