Saturday, October 31, 2009

Medallion Stamp Set

I don't know why I didn't order this stamp when I first saw it in the Idea Book and Catalogue. I finally got it a couple of weeks ago and just love it. I have seen numerous versions of this card in various blogs, but did not bookmark them so cannot give full credit to anyone. A lot of the cards I have seen with this layout also had some ribbon embellishment. I decided I liked it without the ribbon. I wanted the medallion itself to be the showcase.

This first card is for the retirement of a colleague. I love the colour combination of crushed curry and soft suede. I inked the stamp with crushed curry and then dabbed on the soft suede. After stamping I then spritzed it with a 'shimmer mist' made with isopropyl alcohol and Frost White shimmer paint. The effect is subtle but very pretty. Recipe:
Stamp Set - Medallion, Congrats (retired)
Card Stock - Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry
Ink - Soft Suede, Crushed Curry
Other - 'Shimmer Mist'

On this card I used Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry. As with the previous card, I inked up the stamp with the lighter colour and then dabbed on the darker one. Sprayed it with the 'Shimmer Mist', added a nonSU rhinestone brad, adhered the layers and it was done!

Recipe:
Stamp Set - Medallion, Thank You Kindly
Card Stock - Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry
Ink - Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry
Other - 'Shimmer Mist', non SU Rhinestone Brad

No comments: