Friday, July 16, 2010

Artistic Etchings

I have been enjoying playing with my Artistic Etchings stamp set.  I decided I wanted to make a card using neutral colours.  I chose Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla - what a recipe!

I stamped the Crumb Cake (previously known as Kraft) card stock with the En Francais background stamp using ink of the same colour.  I love that we now have the matching ink pad.  The edges of that layer are sponged with chocolate chip.  This was layered onto the chocolate chip base card.

On a piece of Very Vanilla I stamped various images from the Artistic Etchings stamp set using chocolate chip and crumb cake ink (I stamped them off onto scrap paper so that I would get a lighter image).  The Eiffel Tower was stamped with Chocolate Chip craft ink (now only available as a Stampin' Spot) and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  The edges were sponged with chocolate chip.  I used the colour spritzer tool and a chocolate chip marker to add a little bit more of a vintage look.  The image panel was layered onto a piece of crumb cake (also sponged with chocolate chip) and then onto a piece of chocolate chip. 

The greeting was stamped onto Very Vanilla and punched out with the Curly Label punch.  I also punched out some crumb cake and chocolate chip card stock with the curly label punch and layered the greeting onto them.  This was adhered behind the image panel and the whole panel was then adhered (with dimensionals to the card).

When I started I wasn't sure I would like the card, but I do.  In fact I plan to make more of them to have on hand.


Supplies
Stamp Set - Artistic Etchings, Tous mes remerciements
Card Stock - Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
Ink - Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip (classic and craft)
Other - Clear Embossing Powder, Dimensionals

No comments: