Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Simply Thank You - Project 10

The final day of the Simply Thank You class featured the stamp set Artistic Etchings and Newsprint Designer Series Paper.  I had pre-ordered the stamp set and received it the day before so I was thrilled with the opportunity to use it right away.  I hadn't ordered the DSP, but looking through my stash I found a design in the Nouveau Chic pack (retired) that I felt worked.  It reminded me of the iron work on the Eiffel Tower.  Heather used a bit of chunky glitter on her card and although I do have it I decided not to use it.  On this card, rather than using the "Amour" stamp included in the set, I chose to use a stamp from Tous mes remerciements (the French version of the set Thank You Kindly).  I also placed a basic black scalloped oval behing the greeting.

At the beginning of the class I challenged myself to make each and every project on the day it was posted.  I achieved that goal.  Even if I didn't have the exact stamp sets and/or supplies that Heather used, I made each card and posted it onto the class website the same day.

This is the third card that I made with Judy and her sister-in-law last week.

We stamped the inside of the card as well -




Supplies
Stamp Sets - Artistic Etchings, Tous mes remerciements
Card Stock - Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Nouveau Chic DSP (retired)
Ink - Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray, Soft Suede
Other - Dimensionals, Large Oval and Scallop Oval punches, Distressing Tool, Sponge Daubers

No comments: