Thursday, July 1, 2010

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

When I saw the Canada Day stamp set in the Summer Mini catalogue I had to have it (no surprise there - I have to have pretty much everything).  This is one of the cards Judy and I made last week, but I decided to wait until today to post it.

I wanted to be sure the flag was accurate.  The rules are that the length has to be twice the width of the flag; the centre panel has to be a square and each of the side panels has to be half the width of the centre panel.  So for my flag I used a piece of whisper white that measured 5 x 2 1/2.  Each of the red side panels is 1 1/4 x 2 1/2 leaving a square of 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 in the centre.  I tried as carefully as I could to get the maple leaf image centred in that square.

On the base card I used one of the other stamps in the set, but just coloured in parts of it with my real red marker.  I stamped them randomly trying to keep in mind where I had decided to place the flag.  There are three fireworks stamps in the set and a tiny stamp with three stars.  My set is clear mount so I mounted all 4 stamps onto one clear block.  Using a sponge dauber I applied Platinum shimmer paint to the images and then stamped them a couple of times onto the base card.


Supplies
Stamp Set - Canada Day
Card Stock - Whisper White, Real Red
Ink - Real Red Classic Ink, Real Red Marker
Other - Platinum Shimmer Paint

No comments: