Friday, July 9, 2010

Faux Silk

I decided to try my hand at a technique that has been around for a long time but that I had never tried before - Faux Silk. 

To begin I stamped my image onto white tissue paper and coloured it in.  Then I crumpled it up into a tiny ball, opened it back up and smoothed it a little bit (not too much though, you want the creases).  I covered a piece of whisper white card stock with my Anywhere Glue Stick and then places my tissue paper image on top.  Again it has to be smoothed a little bit so that the tissue sticks to the whisper white panel.  Once dry, I trimmed it to the size I wanted and layered it onto my card.  Looks tricky, but it is so simple and the results are stunning!

Hopefully you can see the effect in my photo.  It is so lovely IRL (if I do say so myself).  You can find the technique on Splitcoast Stampers HERE.  This is another one of the cards Judy and I made with her sister-in-law at the beginning of the week.  For the cards we made together we decided to use the Thank You stamp that is included in the Because I Care stamp set.

So here is my card - featuring one of the brand new InColours - Blushing Bride and a little bit of Wild Wasabi.


Supplies
Stamp Set - Because I Care
Card Stock - Blushing Bride, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink - Early Espresso Classic Ink pad; Blushing Bride and Wild Wasabi markers
Other - Tissue Paper, Anywhere Glue Stick, Dimensionals

No comments: