Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Awash with Flowers

Stampin' Up! is giving a sneak peek of one of the new stamp sets that will be in the catalogue beginning July 1.  I took advantage of the opportunity to preorder it and am beginning to think it may be my new favourite stamp set.  It is a two step set and there are a total of 18 stamps.  Nine of them are line images - you stamp that onto the card stock.  The other nine are the corresponding solid image stamps so you can ink them up with the colour of your choice and then stamp over the line images.  So easy with the clear mount stamps sets. 

I had visited Dawn Griffith's blog to read about her Workshop of a Lifetime and saw a photo of the make and take project Shelli Gardner presented.  I loved it - it is so beautiful in it's simplicity.  You can see that photo if you click HERE.   Shelli also posted it on her blog HERE.

Judy and I each stamped several of these yesterday - we didn't use the strip of DSP on the inside of the card (on Shelli's sample you can see that the inside of the card was decorated).  On this one I trimmed the front of the card a little bit too much, but I am still very happy with the result.  On some of the cards we used the Eyelet border punch.


Stamp Set - Awash with Flowers, Whimsical Words
Card Stock - Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink - Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Always Artichoke 

No comments: