Saturday, April 17, 2010

Awash with Flowers

One of the last projects Heather Summers presented for the Simply Stamping online class demonstrated a different technique for tying a bow to embellish the front of a card.  I loved the whole card, but I didn't have the stamp set (Chic Boutique) nor did I have the bead duo she used.

I wanted to try the bow and the Awash with Flowers stamp set was still on my table so that is what I used for this card.  I used some of the chunky glitter on the flowers.  I haven't put a greeting on it yet - I don't think there is enough room on the front.

I also tried the "Rock and Roll" technique for the first time.  Not too bad!  I only inked the stamp up once but stamped it three times.

So here it is.



Stamp Set - Awash with Flowers
Ink - Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Certainly Celery
Card Stock - Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Other - Melon Mambo Polka Dot ribbon, chunky glitter, dimensionals, scallop corner punch

No comments: