Monday, April 26, 2010

Two Step Bird Punch

In the soon to expire Occasions Mini Catalogue (April 30 is the last day) there is a new punch - the Two Step Bird - that initially I did not order. I did however give in (no one had to twist my arm) and bought it. It sat on my table in it's bag for a long time before I pulled it out. One of the reasons I bought it was because I had seen several stampers using it - not for the bird - but to use the wing to make tulips. They are so cute. I haven't tried that yet, but it is on my ever increasing list of things to make.  Good news is that this punch, along with the other punches in the Occasions Mini will carryover to the new catalogue that will be in effect on July 1.

The punch consists of the bird's body, a wing and a branch. While visiting some of my favourite blogs recently I came across THIS CARD and decided to give it a try. I did try it with a different colour combination, but didn't like it so went back to the original. I made several of the cards - on some I used the white satin ribbon and the others the blue. I love them both.



All supplies used are Stampin' Up. The Sweet Pea designer series paper (wing) are only available until April 30.  The Polka Dot embossing folder is also in the Occasions Mini so it will not be available after the end of this month (but like the bird punch it will be in the new catalogue). 

Stamp Set - Heard from the Heart
Card Stock - Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Sweet Pea DSP
Ink - Bashful Blue
Other - Extra Large Two Step Bird Punch, Top Note Die for the Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots textured impressions folder, Dimensionals, two way glue pen, Whisper White satin ribbon, Bashful Blue satin ribbon

No comments: