Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper

It's too bad the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack retires on April 30.  There are lots of choices and it coordinates with so many of the Stampin' Up! colours.  Unfortunately some of those are colours that will be retiring with the current catalogue so we know for sure that Sweet Pea will be gone forever.

Although there are lots of designs to choose from, there are some that I don't think I would choose if they were sold separately.  However, I have been setting myself a challenge to use colours and patterns that are outside my comfort zone.  I did just that for these two cards.  I ending up liking them so well that I decided they would be the project for Judy and I to make this week.  



Supplies
Stamp Set – Birthday Bliss
Designer Series Paper – Sweet Pea
Card Stock – Rose Red, Whisper White
Ink – Chocolate Chip
Markers – Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun
Punches – 1 ½” and 1 ¾” circle punches (could use scallop circle punch in place of 1 ¾”)
Ribbon – Rose Red ¼” grosgrain
Other – Dimensionals, , Blender Pen, Stardust pen (nonSU)

I used ribbon and a knot on this card - but it would look great with no knot and perhaps a couple of brads or jumbo eyelets. 


Supplies
Stamp Set – Birthday Bliss
Designer Series Paper – Sweet Pea
Card Stock – Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink – Chocolate Chip
Markers – Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun
Punches – 1 ½” and 1 ¾” circle punches (could use scallop circle punch in place of 1 ¾”)
Ribbon – Chocolate Chip 5/8” grosgrain
Other – Dimensionals, Blender Pen, Stardust pen (nonSU)

No comments: