Sunday, April 25, 2010

Heather Summers' Simply Sunday Sketch Challenge #10

It is Sunday and Heather has posted her weekly Sketch Challenge - week 10!  Where does the time go.  You can click HERE to go to Heather`s blog to check out the details.  Here is a picture of this week`s sketch.


My card follows the sketch fairly closely - I rotated the card and used one less layer.  Again this week I used a colour combination I am not completely comfortable with.  Although I have used Crushed Curry - it is usually only as an accent on cards so I decided to use it for my base card.  I inked up my Very Vintage jumbo wheel (in the Occasions Mini, so only available until April 30) with Crushed Curry ink and rolled it onto the front of the card.  I used the Ticket Corner punch on two corners of the Rich Razzleberry layer.  Punched a hole in that with the Crop-a-dile and attached a jumbo grommet.   At first I was going to attach the crushed curry ribbon with a glue dot, but didn't want to take the chance that it would fall off.  I threaded both ends of the ribbon through the jumbo eyelet and then before tugging it all the way through, I inserted a toothpick in the loop at the back to secure it.  I knew I was going to raise the panel up with dimensionals so I wasn`t worried about the thickness of it.  It turned out great!

I hadn`t yet put the Upsy Daisy stamp set away, so I decided to use that.  I stamped the image once in Crushed Curry and once in Rich Razzleberry.  When doing the sentiment, I decided I would use the card for a good friend who is retiring this week.  The colours remind me of pansies and she loves pansies.  I had hoped to make some of the pansies using the butterfly punch, but have not yet been very successful with that.  I am quite happy with the card and I am sure she will be too!


Supplies:
Stamp Set - Upsy Daisy, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel
Card Stock - Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Very Vanilla
Ink - Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry
Other - Jumbo Eyelet - antique brass, Crushed Curry Polka Dot Ribbon, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very nice Margarie--this is a beautiful card!!