Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cards for Breast Cancer Fundraiser

Two of my sisters will be participating in the Run for the Cure this fall.  They have been doing some fundraising and one of their events will be a Pampered Chef party.  They are putting together some door prizes for the participants and asked if I could make a set of cards to use.  Of course I said yes and then pondered over what I should do.  I wanted something elegant and simple.  I did not want lots of layers, bows and embellishments because I did not want the winner of the prize to incur extra postage when sending the cards. 

I was so happy with my CASE of the make and take Shelli presented at Dawn Griffith's Workshop of a Lifetime I decided to use that but use Pretty in Pink.  I made a set of 8 cards - all with the same flower image but with different greetings.  On the back of each card I stamped the Ribbon of Hope.  I also stamped the flower image (without the stem) on the front of each envelope and stamped the Ribbon of Hope on the back of the envelope.  I think they turned out very well and I am sure whoever wins them will be very pleased (patting myself of the back).

I am not posting all 8 of the cards.  The greetings I used are from Whimsical Words and Well Scripted.

Front of card and envelope.


Back of card and envelope


Stamp Set - Awash with Flowers, Whimsical Words, Well Scripted, Ribbon of Hope
Ink - Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, Going Grey, Certainly Celery
Card Stock - Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
Other - Eyelet Border Punch

No comments: