Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fundraiser - Parkinson's

I recently participated in a fundraiser for the Parkinson's Foundation hosted by a local Stampin' Up! demonstrator - Marlayne Hardy.  The event was held on Saturday, April 17.  For more information you can see Marlayne's blog post HERE.  Although I did not attend the event, Marlayne graciously prepared a "Kit to Go" and mailed it to me.  She provided all of the card stock (cut to size) and envelopes.  She also sent me a pdf with photos of all of the cards - 6 in all - that included the supplies, stamp sets and directions for each of the cards.  The kit also included the Butterfly Accent stamp from the Occasions mini catalogue.

In some cases I didn`t have the stamp sets Marlayne used, but I feel my substitutions worked out very well. 

So here is the first of the 6 cards I made.

You rarely (if ever) see Melon Mambo or Bermuda Bay on my cards.  Well here they are together - with a bit of Crushed Curry!  Talk about wandering way outside your comfort zone!

Marlayne`s sample card used the stamp set Garden Whimsy which I don`t own.  I do however have Terrific Tulips (retired) and I find it worked out very well.  For the butterfly I used Flight of the Butterfly and the coordinating punch.  I used the `Kissing" technique on the butterfly.

Supplies
Stamp Sets - Flight of the Butterfly, Terrific Tulips (retired)
Card Stock - Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Ink - Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Basic Black
Other - Dimensionals, Butterfly Punch

No comments: